The Joys of having CF

The Joys of having CF

Friday, May 25, 2012

Officially Done!

With High School that is, yes yesterday(Thursday) I finished my senior year. Now for those of you who don't know, I went to public school from Kindergarten-October of my Freshman year. Then our public school had a huge H1N1 outbreak, so my doctors wanted me to stay out for a while, so in that time, I made the big decision, to leave my class and become homeschooled.  Now that means that i was going to give up some of my most treasured things, Pep Band, Jazz Band, Concert Band, and Marching Band. I guess you could say I was sort of a "band geek". I played the Bari Saxophone. I LOVED it. But with becoming homeschooled that meant that I could no longer do that. It was a touch choice, but I decided to become homeschooled. So, i chose an online school, and in January 2010, I became officially homeschooled. And today I can say it was the best.choice.ever. It has been a lot easier with my health. When I get sick i don't have to worry about missing school, it was great. Then I made a goal  back in January of 2010, to be done with school by May 2012. I wrote it on my bathroom mirror. I should have taken a picture, I hope the dry erase marker comes off :) but i never took it off, even though there were many times when I doubted myself I could do it, I never erased it, and last week as i winding down my classes, as I was brushing my teeth I noticed in the corner of my mirror it still said in red letters May 2012.  Let's just say it was incredible. Now in April I made a goal of finishing school by June 1st 2012, but when i saw that I new i had to finish by May, it was my original goal. I learned that if you set a goal, you MUST put your mind to it, and hit your goal, because let me tell you, its the best feeling ever knowing you hit your goal.
Now, I should also add, that if i was in public school, I wouldn't be graduating until 2013, and the class w/my friends that I'd be in today, don't finish school until June 7th. So I am very proud with myself and I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that. Were there times I missed my friends, of course, BUT, that just means that we made time to get with each other. I still do stuff with my friends, text them etc...we haven't lost touch, yes some friendships were lost, but through this crazy thing called LIFE, many new friendships were made. And today I am proud to say, I made the BEST decision of my life.
Now, I also need to add that i haven't added pictures to my blog in FOREVER!! and I also apologize for how my blog looks, I'm going to try to fix it and make it look 'pretty' again :). So here are just a few pictures, and yes, they are very random. Enjoy!
~God Bless


                                                                  This was Bo & I a few days ago :)

                                        On Monday, My grandpa celebrated his 89th birthday!!!

                                          As long as I have this little man, my life's complete.

                                               Yup, this how he sleeps.
                                            Yes, me doing my nightly meds :)





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Graduation on any level is an outstanding accomplishment and you should celebrate until the cows come home!

    I look forward to reading about the amazing person you are now and will be in the future.

    Internet high five!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Josh! It truely means a lot!!

    ReplyDelete