The Joys of having CF

The Joys of having CF

Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 7th

It's crazy how sometimes little details in life repeat themselves. Every year I celebrate March 7th. It's the day that mine and my family's life changed forever. 
On March 7th I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. Though I was obviously born with CF, I consider March 7th my "CF Anniversary". 
On March 6th 1995, my parents probably didn't know that the next day everything would change. 
I say it's interesting that life repeats itself because tonight I sit here in a hotel room, and tomorrow I'm going to spend the day at the doctor. I don't ever remember having an appointment on my actual anniversary. 
Tomorrow and Tuesday I have doctors appointments. Tomorrow I have my glucose test, X-ray, dexa scan, and sinus CT scan. Then Tuesday I have PFT's and see my doctor. I'm trying something different. Splitting everything into two days of appointments so I don't get to wore out like I usually do. 
Then tomorrow after my appointments I am going to enjoy a fun day with my mom, celebrating my anniversary. 
21 years ago none of us knew what laid ahead of us. It's been quite a journey so far, and I can't wait to see where else life takes me. I'm going to do my best to live my life to the fullest. I can't wait to celebrate 21 more CF anniversaries, and hopefully one day not long from now I'll also be celebrating the anniversary of when CF became...Cure Found. 

2 comments:

  1. Paige, you don't know me, however, your blog site was recommended to me by a friend, who also mentioned to me that we share a common friend, (well, Duwayne, is actually your family). I work with Duwayne. I wanted you to know how happy I was to find your blog, and to let you know how much I appreciate your positivity and joy. You see, I have 2 granddaughters (almost 3 years old and 7 months old), who have CF. When we found out I was so scared for their future. Everything I read was really scary! And to see the joy and faith you have, living with CF, has helped me have faith in their future. Thank you for sharing and inspiring. May God continue to walk with you, and may He send you rainbows, butterflies and all good things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilee, thank you so much for reaching out. Yes DaWayne is my uncle. I was actually diagnosed with CF on his birthday, what a small world. Reading your comment just made my day. I hope your granddaughters are doing well. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything.
      ~God Bless

      Delete